Citroen c6 height correctors

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dowen

Citroen c6 height correctors

Post by dowen »

Can anyone help? I took the plunge and bought a c6! 2.7.
Well the front is high! I mean high! At its max I think,
The indi says bsi shows no connection! So bsi is at fault!!
So I've taken both front sensors off,and get open circuit!! On both sensors. That's common to both sides of resistor. Open! Can anyone give me an approximation what reading I should have? It seems strange both are open circuit!
I don't want to wast money on new if there's something I'm overlooking! I'm an electrician, and have been driving Citroens for the last 20 years! So I sort of understand a bit.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Citroen c6 height correctors

Post by GiveMeABreak »

All the height correction calculations are handled by the separate suspension ECU (CSS) on the V6 engines. I wouldn't write off the BSI until you are sure - it may be down to another reason why your indi can't connect to the BSI.

Wheel travel sensors:
The wheel travel sensor defines the angular position of the suspension lower arm.
Data:
Supply voltage: 5V+/-5 %
Polarisation impedance: 3.3 K ohms
Maximum consumption: 15 mA
Angular travel: 90° maximum

The BHI may be faulty or it could be the CAN network that is causing communication issues between all the interconnected systems.

Is he using Lexia / Diagbox to diagnose it? What faults is he getting back on a global test, or are you saying he isn't getting any communication?
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
dowen

Post by dowen »

Thanks Mark for quick reply,
The indi just said bsi probably shot! Could only get from Citroen £1200! Needs to be programmed!
As the fronts skyward it's a pig to drive, so he said bring it in and I'll try and bend link rods, shorten them I suppose!
So in the mean time I've taken them off , as I say meter reads open on all connections! But if I put 3 volts in it shows continuity. It's not inductive is it?
What sort of reading should I get in ohms?
I'm tempted to get a Lexia !
Another thing ,rear of car goes up and down as it should,
But front is either in its lowest, or highest . Makes no difference if front sensors are connected or not!
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

I would worry about a garage that wants to "bend/shorten" stuff on a C6 !

You cannot really consider ownership of a C6 without a Lexia or always taking the car to a garage that does have one. (and knows how to use it/has worked on C6's before)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Oh yes^ I would run a mile in the opposite direction - 'bend the link rods'?!!! He obviously has not got a clue and I would not trust them with anything so advanced as a C6. You either know these or you don't.

And another cop out about the BSI being shot - really... And what evidence are they basing this on? What tests have they done? Highly unlikely to be the BSI. You would of noticed other issues going pear shaped if it was. He obviously doesn't understand the interaction between all the systems. He (actually somebody other than this garage) who understands multiplexed CAN bus systems and how to test them should first be checking the signals before condemning anything.

I can tell you that operating the electronic height switch in the centre console will do diddly squat with the height correction sensors off the vehicle. The system is designed to receive certain inputs and without these it will override any command to change the height whilst in back up mode for safety reasons.

Also highly unlikely that both front sensors have gone together. I suspect it is either a communication issue on the CAN network or the BHI that is preventing the fluid from returning.

Best thing you can do is get the sensors back on and be very careful that you haven't moved the rods past the permitted angle when you removed them - as you are supposed to disconnect the rods first before taking the sensors off.

Then I would get it properly diagnosed by somebody who has some experience with Hydractive 3+ (not forgetting this has AMVAR too) and Lexia that can get a proper diagnostic.

If you can start the car then the BSI is at least working for that part - as I was going to suggest checking the fuse.

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I can help with wiring diagrams for future reference, but won't help much unless the system can be tested and a proper diagnosis is undertaken first.

One other thing that just occurred to me - did you buy the C6 in this condition? I.e. was the car at max height at the front when you bought it? If not when and how did the front suddenly rise or was it when you adjusted it to the high position manually that it got stuck there?

Marc