Xantia Seat adjustment lever duff

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

shiney

Xantia Seat adjustment lever duff

Post by shiney »

We are talking a Xantia sensation TD T reg.
The driver seat addjustment lever is not working. Th seat is set to high, when you sit on iy and it sinks. Pull the lever up and it goes straight back down.
Being vertically challenfed this pses a problem.
Anyone know of a quick fix for this?
Thanks
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Don't know of a fix, but mine has gone the same way in the last few weeks. My guess is that there is some sort of friction damper under the seat somewhere that has come undone or worn out. The seat will have to come out in order to get to the mechanism, but I won't be doing it before weekend after next - I'll post up what I find.
In the meantime, looks like you are going to have to get a cushion....
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

I had the same problem, below is a copy of a reply from "Surfer", this cured my problem.
Same thing happened to me:
Drivers seat always started in highest position and then sank back down fully under your weight.
Caused by the adjuster mechanism (which also locks the position) coming away from the seat frame.
It isn't riveted; it's held by 2 M6 screws which tighten into clinch nuts on a flimsy looking sheet metal bracket on the frame.
I sorted mine by using longer screws, Loctite and locking the whole lot off with nyloc nuts.
Not had a problem since.
Access is fiddly, but the job can be done with the seat in situ.
Note that the adjuster assembly is splined onto a shaft on the seat so make sure they are correctly aligned before you put it back on. If I remember rightly, it's easier to do this with the seat fully down.
Simon.