Citroen XM front seats

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

morna
My Cars:

Citroen XM front seats

Post by morna »

Any one had a problem with the electric front seats only wanting to go in one direction? (flat for the RHS and upright for the LHS) The relay under the RH seat appears to be permantly energised when the ignition is switched on.[:(]
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

That would either be the control switch mechanically stuck in either position - usually by dirt/dust.
In rare cases it may be the relay defective - bridged (burned) in contacts.
As a quick solution - unplug the relay to prevent things jamming up draining high motor currents from battery.
noz
My Cars:

Post by noz »

Morna,
Had this exact problem with mine. It seemed like the seat had a mind of it's own, much to the other half's annoyance.
The problem was that the part of the seat which you sit on had come apart from the main part of the seat. It had moved forwards and was leaning on the switch. If it leaned hard enough the switch would operate and the seat would move. This would happen randomly depending on how much of the passengers weight was on that part of the seat at the time.
I pushed the sitting part of the seat back into place and secured it in position. The problem has never returned.
Sometimes the easy things just pass you by.
best of luck
cheers
noz