Lexia ECU files location?

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dibber
My Cars: Citroen C2 Furio

Lexia ECU files location?

Post by Dibber »

I was watching a guy on YouTube flashing an ECU with Lexia and he told me the files were preinstalled with Lexia. He said they came preinstalled up until CD45.

How can I tell if my version of Lexia has the ECU files on it and does anyone know the location of the folder where they reside? Also what does he mean by CD45? I believe the original file I used to install Diagbox was an iso file but subsequent updates I installed were not.

I had a hunt on Google to see if I could find the ECU location but only found a few other folk asking the same thing without any responses.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Lexia ECU files location?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You should NEVER flash an ECU with a clone Lexia - end of. This should only be done by PSA servers, because there is a risk the clone can muck it up and leave your ECU inoperable. Stick to diagnostics and repair procedures.

What are you trying to do and why are you trying to do it? Experimentation with this sort of thing is not recommended and can risk leaving you with a bricked car.

I've been on the the other end of trying to help members recover their cars after they dabbled and ended up with non working cars, so forgive me if I'm a bit uber sensitive about these sorts of queries.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Dibber
My Cars: Citroen C2 Furio

Post by Dibber »

Heard the same thing from the Service Manager at my local BMW dealer. In fact they performed a software update on my car and the seatbelt handover never worked the way it had. It was back and forward to them and they never solved it. Even BMWs technical division could not figure it out. They were asking me how it should operate! The service manager eventually conceded that he thought I was likely correct that the software update had messed up something. He said they were always reluctant to do software updates as they had caused expensive problems to customers car that they had to foot the bill for. As you could not go back the way on a software update he said they would have to wait for BMW to release another update. I never did get it done as the dealer messed up with me on another count.

Currently I am not trying to do anything Marc. My curiosity was aroused by that chap on YouTube doing a flash on the same car as mine with Lexia.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ah, ok, I understand.

Yes, firmware updates are very tricky and usually require you to take precautions, like ensure the car is running all the time - don't fiddle with buttons or functions during the process, ensuring there is a reliable internet connection and that the laptop is connected to mains power and no other processes are running.

Firmware is particularly sensitive and prone to bricking ECUs, as normally the file has to be downloaded, the original file in the ECU deleted, then the replacement file flashed tot he ECU and then verified. So any interruption can cause the process to not complete and leave the file half written. Normally firmware files can't be re-written unless there is a later version than the file that is currently on there to avoid downgrading that can have an impact on other systems. It's certainly a no-no with a clone Lexia VCI, as we also know that some ECUs are not written to correctly by clones that can cause some loss of functionality. Parking assistance is one such ECU.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc