Key BlankSource

An area for all matters concerning the Citroen CX.
launieg
Posts: 1
Joined: 12 Apr 2019, 01:53

Key BlankSource

Unread post by launieg »

I'm having difficulty finding key blanks for my 1981 CX Athena. The ignition key is a 33 mm long straight spade shape. The door key is 18 mm long to the shoulder. Both are reversible, and the door key is the only one with significant cutting. I think I can find door keys online. But the ignition key, no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks all.
User avatar
GiveMeABreak
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 41989
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 6957

Re: Key BlankSource

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

There's a brand new CX ignition key here complete with barrel:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/CITROEN-CX-S2- ... 985&chn=ps
Please note, I'm no longer active on the Forum, so won't respond to messages.

Marc
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
Posts: 8170
Joined: 08 Jun 2011, 18:04
x 2941

Re: Key BlankSource

Unread post by Gibbo2286 »

I thought 8 quid at Timpsons was a lot of money. :-D
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. (Albert Einstein)
doctle
Posts: 947
Joined: 16 Oct 2014, 12:17
x 225

Re: Key BlankSource

Unread post by doctle »

https://www.franzose.de/en/Sonstige-Cit ... chloesser/ seems to be same key as Dyane theyre a fiver on ebay most locksmiths should have one
Oh buggle
User avatar
GiveMeABreak
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 41989
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 6957

Re: Key BlankSource

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

That's a good find ^ :-D
Please note, I'm no longer active on the Forum, so won't respond to messages.

Marc