RT4 to RT5 suspension height problem

This unit is the RT4 and RT5 system and is made by Magneti Marelli
Main differences between RT4 & RT5 - RT5 has Bluetooth Hands Free, faster Navigation calculation and on C4 & C4 Picasso only, USB ports and a High-Res screen.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

drumvlado

RT4 to RT5 suspension height problem

Post by drumvlado »

Hello all,
A bit of an awkward thing after I installed an RT5 from a 407 into my 2007 C5 replacing my RT4.
First I did the VIN coding with the lexia, and after it restarted it automatically switched to citroen themes etc. I did the rest of the telecoding pretty straight forward and it all seemed ok until I realized that no matter what suspension height I am switching from and to, the display always shows the message/screen for the "low position". I don't seem to recall such a setting in the lexia, any thoughts? The original firmware is 8.30, maybe if I upgrade to 8.31 after the Citroen Vin is entered something might improve?
Many thanks,
Vladimir
Last edited by drumvlado on 03 Apr 2019, 12:49, edited 1 time in total.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: RT4 to RT5 suspension height problem

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You'll need to go through the configuration options again as there are some Peugeot-specific settings that do not apply to Citroen vehicles and vice versa. It will be a configuration change for sure concerning the Head Unit and or the multifunction screen / and or a setting that has been written to the BSI after the telecoding.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
drumvlado

Re: RT4 to RT5 suspension height problem

Post by drumvlado »

Ok, issue resolved.
I was pretty sure this cannot be done with the lexia. Too few options there. I guess the initial programming of the RT units was carried in Magneti Marelli at a deeper level as the configuration files have few times more flags than you can edit with the lexia.
Anyway, I looked at the mirascripts to see if there is a flag connected to the suspension in any way and found a flag called "hydr.susp.frame" in the RTxSET.CMD script. Setting this to 1 made things happen as they should.
Thank you Mira!
Vladimir