RT4 to RT5 suspension height problem

This unit is the RT4 and RT5 system and is made by Magneti Marelli
Main differences between RT4 & RT5 - RT5 has Bluetooth Hands Free, faster Navigation calculation and on C4 & C4 Picasso only, USB ports and a High-Res screen.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

drumvlado
My Cars: 2cv6, JIANE, ACADIANE, 2-pot VISA, GSA Break Special, C5II Break HDI175

RT4 to RT5 suspension height problem

Post by drumvlado »

Hello all,
A bit of an awkward thing after I installed an RT5 from a 407 into my 2007 C5 replacing my RT4.
First I did the VIN coding with the lexia, and after it restarted it automatically switched to citroen themes etc. I did the rest of the telecoding pretty straight forward and it all seemed ok until I realized that no matter what suspension height I am switching from and to, the display always shows the message/screen for the "low position". I don't seem to recall such a setting in the lexia, any thoughts? The original firmware is 8.30, maybe if I upgrade to 8.31 after the Citroen Vin is entered something might improve?
Many thanks,
Vladimir
Last edited by drumvlado on 03 Apr 2019, 12:49, edited 1 time in total.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: RT4 to RT5 suspension height problem

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You'll need to go through the configuration options again as there are some Peugeot-specific settings that do not apply to Citroen vehicles and vice versa. It will be a configuration change for sure concerning the Head Unit and or the multifunction screen / and or a setting that has been written to the BSI after the telecoding.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
drumvlado
My Cars: 2cv6, JIANE, ACADIANE, 2-pot VISA, GSA Break Special, C5II Break HDI175

Re: RT4 to RT5 suspension height problem

Post by drumvlado »

Ok, issue resolved.
I was pretty sure this cannot be done with the lexia. Too few options there. I guess the initial programming of the RT units was carried in Magneti Marelli at a deeper level as the configuration files have few times more flags than you can edit with the lexia.
Anyway, I looked at the mirascripts to see if there is a flag connected to the suspension in any way and found a flag called "hydr.susp.frame" in the RTxSET.CMD script. Setting this to 1 made things happen as they should.
Thank you Mira!
Vladimir