C4 Picasso vtr led h7

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jammie123321
My Cars: citroen c4 vtr

C4 Picasso vtr led h7

Post by jammie123321 »

Has anybody upgraded the headlight bulbs to leds on there c4 Picasso 2014 model.
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Re: C4 Picasso vtr led h7

Post by Paul-R »

In general LED upgrades of standard halogen bulbs will not pass MOT standards. The best you can hope for, legally, is to fit uprated halogen bulbs. Philips and Osram offer generally well regarded bulbs in the +110%, +120% and +130% range but they do have significantly shorter lives than standard ones.

There was a discussion here about Philips Ultinon Xtreme LED replacement bulbs, which is probably what your question is getting at. Other LED bulbs can actually be worse with poorer light output and no hotspot just below the cut-off but these appear to be the real deal. Better and whiter without tipping over into blue. The catch? They're not legal.

It does seem strange that Philips would go to the trouble of creating a new LED for these bulbs for them to just be usable off-road and one wonders whether they had some information that they would be type approved and then this was withdrawn. Having said all that I've also read that people have fitted them (where they will physically go in - not all cars will take them) without problems such as being flashed by oncoming drivers and even passing MOTs.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​