Xantia Doorlocks Driving me NUTS!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

greggpask

Xantia Doorlocks Driving me NUTS!!

Post by greggpask »

Is anyone having the same problem as me???
When locking the doors with the plipper,all the locks go down,then immediately pop up again. I then have to go around all the doors including the boot to open and close them again, until finally they stay locked. As you can imagine this is very annoying especially when it is pouring with rain,and you want the car locked up quickly.
Somebody save my sanity, before the car gets too much of a kicking!!
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

The problem you describe is symtematic of one of the door locks not locking correctly. I have had this problem on two Xantias and on both occaisions the n/s/f door lock was to blame. Try locking each of the front doors with the key, if you discover that one door lock keeps all the other closed then that one is the faulty one. If that doesn't reveal the culprit then push the button down on each of the rear doors in turn and try again.
The chances are that you have a faulty connection where the loom fits onto the lock, when you discover which one is at fault then remove the door card then pull the connector off the lock and spray liberally with WD40 and refit. With luck this will sort out the problem.
monkeyman

Post by monkeyman »

A broken wire on one of the door wiring looms can cause this too. In my experiance its one of the front doors and usually the drivers door. Pull back the rubber sleeve and a moderate tug on the wires should reveal the broken wires. Solder broken ends to fix.
Russell

Post by Russell »

Hi,
I had a similar problem that I solved, maybe yours is the same.
Try a search on "bouncing locks".
Cheers
Russell [:D]
allmond
My Cars:

Post by allmond »

LOADS of switch cleaner in the FNS door lock worked on mine the other day!
Jamie