ZX questions - some for Jon?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

ZX questions - some for Jon?

Post by uhn113x »

Hi all
I have just been to look at a 1995 ZX Memphis 1.9 TD which I intend to purchase. I am familiar with other Cits, but not had one of these yet, so a few questions:
Clonks from rear - presumably the infamous subframe mounts.
Reading the archive article by Jon - I gather there are 4 of these. Is it best to replace all 4, or see which look dodgy?
There are two listed in the GSF catalogue - how many of which do I need?
Tacho does not work - is this probably the sensor? Where is it located, and do GSF stock it?
Unfortunately it has an airbag, which I would prefer to be without. I have been told that given the year, it is not an MOT item; can I simply remove it? If not, is it possible to fit an earlier steering wheel?
Thanks
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

Mike,
OK so I'm not Jon...
We have the clonks from our ZX TD at 120,000mls+. When I have time I'll drop the subframe and do all four regardless of apparent condition.
Tacho sender is on the engine near the flywheel...often hard to see if very oily in that area. You should be able to trace it from the wire going over the transmission to it.
I'd be wary about removing the airbag without informing your insurance and getting their OK. I accept it's not an MOT item (yet) but it is a major safety item and could be expected to play a part in reducing injury during any accident.
David
uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Hi David
Thanks for that. I will replace all 4, then - I have now bought the car but not collected it yet. See what you mean about the insurance - I will leave the whoopee cushion in place, and get some advice when/if I need to remove the steering wheel for anything.
BTW, just had a good offer for the Mk1 BX [:)]
Jon: can you help me on what part nos/qtys on SF mountings I need, please, and if you do a tacho sender?
Thanks
Jon

Post by Jon »

Rear subframe mounts on a ZX. You need 2 x N10162 (the square ones at the rear), 1 x N10160 (LH front mount), and 1 x N10161 (RH front mount).
The sensor that you need is N92534 (grey connector) or N92535 (brown connector). You'll find this connector near the oil filler neck (on my car its actually cable tied to the oil filler neck)follow it back and you'll see that it goes down to the flywheel speed sensor.
Just check what colour the connector is at the end near the oil filler to identify the correct one.
uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Thanks, Jon, I will be ordering these as soon as I get the car