Enabling cruise on 2014 Relay

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MarkandCath

Enabling cruise on 2014 Relay

Post by MarkandCath »

I have diagbox 7.58 and the adapter to connect to my 2014 Relay and it seems to work fine but I can't enable cruise, it says only the factory etc can do this. On my daughters Peugeot 207 I went into pp2000 and just enabled it but the Citroen menu is different. I am in 'Repair' so perhaps I am in the wrong place to change the option or maybe I need newer software. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Enabling cruise on 2014 Relay

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I’ve assumed you have fitted the additional stalk and other components? These systems changed about 2015 so pop your VIN up and I’ll see what you have.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

I’ve never tried this with a relay van so not sure if it can be done, the difference here is the Relay is basically just a Fiat so uses fiat electronics.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, they're completely different to PSA systems - so although I'm sure it is possible, it may require a later type of module (as it seems Crusie was from a certain build date too). Maybe it would be worth checking this out on a FIAT Ducato forum...

Marc
MarkandCath

Post by MarkandCath »

Thanks for the responses.

VIN is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] and if GiveMeABreak can check I would appreciate it.

I haven't installed the stick yet because I was just checking if it was a simple as the 207. Everything listed in the BCM equipment says "It is not possible to change the configuration of the built-in systems using the diagnostic equipment. The built-in systems interface is configured either at the end of the production line or by the replacement parts department." I have seen 2014 Relay's with cruise listed so I know it can be done but how much hassle is involved.....
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There are a huge number of switching block control units for these - each different depending on rain sensitive wipers, ESP, cruise etc., but interestingly there is no part listed for your coming up on the official database. So I'll try again later in case they are updating again.

Marc
MarkandCath

Post by MarkandCath »

Thanks GiveMaABreak. Not quite as simple as the 207 but fingers crossed I can get it on the van....
MarkandCath

Post by MarkandCath »

Bump... Anyone any ideas on how to get cruise working?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

So you have to understand that we mainly offer help on French cars, or on some light commercials / crossovers where the equipment is shared across the marques and passenger ranges. However some commercial ranges like the Relay are essentially Fiats and may have PSA or Ford engines in, which makes them left of field. So equipment and systems in some of these commercials are not the same as for passenger ranges and may be beyond the scope of this Forum. I am not saying it is impossible - but is not as simple as it was on your 207 because we simply do not have the part correct information or the full procedures for these Fiat based vehicles.

I did check again with your VIN and it still does not even list a part number for your particular switch block as you can see from the picture:
Relay Cruise.PNG
You have quite a basic system, - no theft alarm, no side airbags, no ESP, no passenger airbags, basic digital MP3 CD radio, single A/C - so no bells and whistles.

The other switching block remote control modules under the steering wheel are huge depending on fitted options. To give you an idea, this is the listing against one such module for part Y735679008, so that you can see the variation.
MARKING Y735679008
- VP2 ANALOGUE AND SPEED CONTROL AND WITH ESP SYSTEM + TRACTION CONTROL SINCE DATE 20180521 EXCEPT REMOTE RADIO CONTROL EXCEPT FRONT WIPER BLADE WITH RAIN SENSOR EXCEPT REGULATOR AND SPEED LIMIT EXCEPT ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM EXCEPT WITH ESP SYSTEM + FITTING NEUTRALISATION OR VP2 DIGITAL AND SPEED CONTROL AND WITH ESP SYSTEM + TRACTION CONTROL SINCE DATE 20180521 EXCEPT REMOTE RADIO CONTROL EXCEPT FRONT WIPER BLADE WITH RAIN SENSOR EXCEPT REGULATOR AND SPEED LIMIT EXCEPT ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM EXCEPT WITH ESP SYSTEM + FITTING NEUTRALISATION OR VP2 DIGITAL AND SPEED CONTROL AND WITH ESP SYSTEM + FITTING NEUTRALISATION SINCE DATE 20180521 EXCEPT REMOTE RADIO CONTROL EXCEPT FRONT WIPER BLADE WITH RAIN SENSOR EXCEPT REGULATOR AND SPEED LIMIT EXCEPT ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM EXCEPT WITH ESP SYSTEM + TRACTION CONTROL OR SPEED CONTROL AND WITH ESP SYSTEM + TRACTION CONTROL SINCE DATE 20180521 EXCEPT WITH NAVIGATION SYSTEM COLOUR SCREEN EXCEPT FRONT WIPER BLADE WITH RAIN SENSOR EXCEPT VP2 ANALOGUE EXCEPT VP2 DIGITAL EXCEPT REGULATOR AND SPEED LIMIT EXCEPT ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM EXCEPT WITH ESP SYSTEM + FITTING NEUTRALISATION OR VP2 DIGITAL AND SPEED CONTROL AND ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM SINCE DATE 20180521 EXCEPT REMOTE RADIO CONTROL EXCEPT FRONT WIPER BLADE WITH RAIN SENSOR EXCEPT REGULATOR AND SPEED LIMIT EXCEPT WITH ESP SYSTEM + TRACTION CONTROL EXCEPT WITH ESP SYSTEM + FITTING NEUTRALISATION OR SPEED CONTROL SINCE DATE 20180521 EXCEPT WITH NAVIGATION SYSTEM COLOUR SCREEN EXCEPT FRONT WIPER BLADE WITH RAIN SENSOR EXCEPT VP2 ANALOGUE EXCEPT VP2 DIGITAL EXCEPT REGULATOR AND SPEED LIMIT EXCEPT ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM EXCEPT WITH ESP SYSTEM + TRACTION CONTROL EXCEPT WITH ESP SYSTEM + FITTING NEUTRALISATION OR SPEED CONTROL AND ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM SINCE DATE 20180521 EXCEPT WITH NAVIGATION SYSTEM COLOUR SCREEN EXCEPT FRONT WIPER BLADE WITH RAIN SENSOR EXCEPT VP2 ANALOGUE EXCEPT VP2 DIGITAL EXCEPT REGULATOR AND SPEED LIMIT EXCEPT WITH ESP SYSTEM + TRACTION CONTROL EXCEPT WITH ESP SYSTEM + FITTING NEUTRALISATION OR VP2 ANALOGUE AND SPEED CONTROL AND ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM SINCE DATE 20180521 EXCEPT REMOTE RADIO CONTROL EXCEPT FRONT WIPER BLADE WITH RAIN SENSOR EXCEPT REGULATOR AND SPEED LIMIT EXCEPT WITH ESP SYSTEM + TRACTION CONTROL EXCEPT WITH ESP SYSTEM + FITTING NEUTRALISATION OR VP2 ANALOGUE AND SPEED CONTROL SINCE DATE 20180521 EXCEPT REMOTE RADIO CONTROL EXCEPT FRONT WIPER BLADE WITH RAIN SENSOR EXCEPT REGULATOR AND SPEED LIMIT EXCEPT ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM EXCEPT WITH ESP SYSTEM + TRACTION CONTROL EXCEPT WITH ESP SYSTEM + FITTING NEUTRALISATION OR VP2 DIGITAL AND SPEED CONTROL SINCE DATE 20180521 EXCEPT REMOTE RADIO CONTROL EXCEPT FRONT WIPER BLADE WITH RAIN SENSOR EXCEPT REGULATOR AND SPEED LIMIT EXCEPT ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM EXCEPT WITH ESP SYSTEM + TRACTION CONTROL EXCEPT WITH ESP SYSTEM + FITTING NEUTRALISATION OR VP2 ANALOGUE AND SPEED CONTROL AND WITH ESP SYSTEM + FITTING NEUTRALISATION SINCE DATE 20180521 EXCEPT REMOTE RADIO CONTROL EXCEPT FRONT WIPER BLADE WITH RAIN SENSOR EXCEPT REGULATOR AND SPEED LIMIT EXCEPT ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM EXCEPT WITH ESP SYSTEM + TRACTION CONTROL OR SPEED CONTROL AND WITH ESP SYSTEM + FITTING NEUTRALISATION SINCE DATE 20180521 EXCEPT WITH NAVIGATION SYSTEM COLOUR SCREEN EXCEPT FRONT WIPER BLADE WITH RAIN SENSOR EXCEPT VP2 ANALOGUE EXCEPT VP2 DIGITAL EXCEPT REGULATOR AND SPEED LIMIT EXCEPT ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM EXCEPT WITH ESP SYSTEM + TRACTION CONTROL
There are a stack of other modules all dependent upon build date and options. As these are Fiat / Ford vehicles, they are not truly PSA, so have different electronic architectures and different equipment / options and the like. So I can't actually help you with this as these are too cross-platform and miles away from a pure PSA vehicle as such that share the same electronic systems / head units and other components.

I'm not saying it cannot be done but I would suggest your best bet is to speak to a dealer to see if there are any specific things you need to be aware of and if they can recommend the correct module, what coding is required and what other additional equipment you may need and also whether any BSI downloads are needed.

Marc