C4 Picasso Grande 2008 Parking Brake Fault - Pictures needed!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

justajolt
My Cars: 2006 Citroen C4 Picasso Exclusive Petrol
2008 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso Petrol
2005 Citroen C4 Picasso Desire Petrol
2007 Citroen C4 Picasso Petrol

C4 Picasso Grande 2008 Parking Brake Fault - Pictures needed!

Post by justajolt »

My Picasso Grande's parking brake is stuck on!

I've tried all combinations of holding the switch down for x number of seconds.

I've found numerous manuals which show a wire shaped tool being stuck into a hole in the carpet in the front-left seat foot-well.

I can't find any such hole in my 2008 Picasso Grand's front left or right seat foot-well! :roll:

I do have the tool though. Please could someone post a picture to help me find where this tool needs to go to release my handbrake! I've just spent 2 hours examining the front foot-wells from all angles, so any pictures from anyone who knows what they're looking for would make me very happy! [-o<
"Bonjour!", greets my Citroen as I put my key in the ignition, "What would you like to learn to fix today?"
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: C4 Picasso Grande 2008 Parking Brake Fault - Pictures needed!

Post by RichardW »

Welcome!

The handbrake unit is under the front passenger seat. I've not had to use the tool, but I suspect the hole may be in the vertical section of carpet under the front of the seat - push the seat right back to help see it.
Richard W
justajolt
My Cars: 2006 Citroen C4 Picasso Exclusive Petrol
2008 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso Petrol
2005 Citroen C4 Picasso Desire Petrol
2007 Citroen C4 Picasso Petrol

Post by justajolt »

Many thanks! I've found some pictures confirming what you say. I can see the wires going to and from it. I've also found the hole now! The brake's off and the vehicle drivable to the garage!
"Bonjour!", greets my Citroen as I put my key in the ignition, "What would you like to learn to fix today?"
etaf
My Cars: Citroen C4 Grand 62REG

Post by etaf »

Hi,
I know an old thread, BUT i have the same issue on a C4 Grand 62reg and I have the tool , and found the small hole in the carpet.
and below is a Green tube, but no idea what to do next , nor can i find any instructions , other than use the tool to pierce the cap !!!!!!!
Do you have the images or a link
Spoken to the garage and they say it should just go in
thanks

IGNORE - i did pierce the top of the cap with the tool and pushed all the way in and turned clockwise - handbrake nopw released
part of carpet just in front of the passanger seat and had a small green capped tube - slight indentation in centre so pushed the tool reasonably hard and it went through and then pushed full length of tool, till the silver shoulder in and turned a few turns clockwise, I could hear the noise under the car clicking - only about 10 turns , i was told by garage may take a few minutes, then managed to drive the car away from blocking the driveway, hopefully it will be OFF when i take to the garage next week.
I'll post the issue here incase it can be solved