Correct Procedure for flushing ZX td

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

welshy
My Cars:

Correct Procedure for flushing ZX td

Post by welshy »

Hi
can some one please tell me the correct procedure for completly flushing a 1993
ZX Td on a K plate.
I have recently had a head gasket changed, but before that all of a sudden the heat in my car became very cool. The blower is working ok and the car is not flooded inside so i take it that the matrix is intack, i have also had a new temp gage & radiator fitted recently but that didnt do the trick either.
There seems to be a very minimal amount of heat that comes from the centre vent in the car, but the other two side vents are stone cold.
I thought that the car hoses might be bunged up in some way that is why i wanted the system completly flushed, in case the problems had previously came from oil in the head gasket that may have clogged the matrix. I was going to take the pipes leading to the matrix off the bulkhead to try and flush here to see if it made any difference , but im not sure if this would be correct ?
Can some one advise if there are any other checks that i can be doing to cure this problem.
And can you tell me how important it is having the correct amount of coolant in your system,
could this also be a problem to why the heat is so cool
All the best
Tom[:)]