ZX Clutch - URGENT

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sharvy

ZX Clutch - URGENT

Post by sharvy »

fOLKS, i'v got the gerabox out of my 1.9 (non-turbo) to replace the clutch pack. I want to replace the input shaft and clutch operating fork plastic bushes - how the hell do you get the pin/screw out of the clutch fork operating lever. I can see threads on it - used the vice grips but no movement. Do you beat the **** out of it /drill it out - anybody knoe how to remove this pin. Also where is the access for refilling the gear oil on the gearbox?
I need to get the thing back on the orad tomorrow - i know its friday but please help.
cheers
Sharvy
Guru Meditation

Post by Guru Meditation »

Refill plug on the end of the gear box left hand side of the car it is the largest hexagonal bolt on the far left end of the gear box, it's a part of the gear box case that sticks out, just behind the left wheel cover, it is not at the top of the gearbox it is about midway on the end of the box, on the right hand side of the end of the gearbox as you look at it from the left of the car, if you get what I mean!
Don't know about the pin.
Guru Meditation
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

Sharvy,
Have a look at the last two posts on this thread...
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... IC_ID=6080
In the past I've found these pins have pulled out using mole grips with little trouble. I always put Copaslip on them when refitting.
However on the one mentioned in the thread I spent an hour with WD40, heat and so on...absolutely seized. I could see no other option than cutting the lever off with an angle grinder and fitting a new one.
I hope yours is a bit easier. With the gearbox out (mine is on the car) you might be able to move the lever enough to get to the back of the pin. Do let us know how you did it in the end.
David
sharvy

Post by sharvy »

David, thanks for that - just away to get the grinder!
Sharvy