C5 X7 rear sinks within minutes after turning off. Intermiitently!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jonesy2064
My Cars: Own:
2014 Citroen C3 1.2 Puretech
2007 Peugeot 207 1.4 Sport
Reminisce:
2009 Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive Tourer
2001 Citroen C5 HDi SX 110
3x Citroen BX GTi's
1x Citroen BX19RD Estate
1x Citroen LNA
Circa a dozen Citroen A-series cars and vans

C5 X7 rear sinks within minutes after turning off. Intermiitently!

Post by Jonesy2064 »

Hi all,

Am getting exasperated by an intermittent problem on my '09 plate C5 X7 Exclusive Tourer with hydro-pneumatic suspension. The rear end occasionally sinks down to the bumpstops within a short space of time after parking. This is o.k. if it will rise back up again upon startup which it usually does after about 30 seconds with a sudden jerk. But one time it just would not go back up and there was a sort of hissing noise from the back. Tried it half a dozen times that day pressing the buttons to raise the suspension but no joy. Returned to the car the next day and it raised back up. Took it to a Citroen dealer who was not too sure about what it was and they fitted a new rear height sensor. All was well for a few weeks but has now started playing up again! Took it back and they said they had re-aligned the height sensor but the very next day sunk down to the bumpstops. No traces of LDS leakage underneath and when it does work all seems to be o.k. Any ideas? Or ideas of anybody I could take it to that might have a clue?

Best Regards
J