Servicing advice

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Servicing advice

Post by qprdude »

12 months since my DS5 was serviced. Not for DS5 owners, the lovely 24 month service interval. I'm told it's 12000 miles or 12 months for the 2l D sport.
. I have 61300 miles on the clock and some places even say the cam belt should be replaced!!!! Confusing info on service intervals too. Am I at a full service or interim? To be honest, apart from visual checks, the main difference seems to be a change of air filter. A ten minute job and a few quid from Europarts. I'm tempted to use on online booking for this place, including an MOT.

Has anyone ever used these people. Is it worth using them. They are much cheaper than Citroen.

https://www.servicingstop.co.uk/car_ser ... n4QAvD_BwE
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Servicing advice

Post by GiveMeABreak »

All I can tell you is that having used Citroen fixed price servicing int he past Rick, that they are very comprehensive to be honest. You get a 2 page report of everything that has been checked - they take al the wheels off, measure the brake pads and disc thicknesses, check all the fluids, the coolant, the brake fluid levels, tyre tread, wipers, lights / bulbs - basically a full health check as part of the actual service.

So that's in addition to the actual servicing of course.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: Servicing advice

Post by qprdude »

That's almost exactly what these people are offering. To be honest they are only about £15 cheaper than my local place who did my mot last year. Citroen look to be £100 dearer. The car had two non main dealer services before I bought it, and one main dealer from me last November. I'm fairly sure that I'll get an interim again as I only do 5000 in a year at most. I'll do the air filter myself, and get the digital Vernier out for the pads and discs.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.