Anybody still use scart cables and connectors?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Gibbo2286
Donor 2020

Anybody still use scart cables and connectors?

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Just sorting my pile of odds and sods and there are a few Scart cables and multi adapters in there mostly new in their original packaging .

Do I offer them free gratis to anyone who wants them or stick them in the bin?

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Anybody still use scart cables and connectors?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Recycle them Gibbo, unless there's anyone here still running about in bear skins with clubs. :-D

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

GiveMeABreak wrote:
09 Dec 2018, 16:35
Recycle them Gibbo, unless there's anyone here still running about in bear skins with clubs. :-D

I haven't used it for years and only ran it a couple of times when I bought it so have a practically brand new VCR her that uses scart leads.
Have stacks of them too, and kettle leads, and ethernet wires, and USB leads.
I know that the minute I chuck them out, that will be when I need to buy new ones.

Still have unopened video tapes that I do intend to watch - one day.

Gibbo2286
Donor 2020

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I'm like that Steve, I reckon if all the cables sitting in people's cubby holes was recycled the price of copper would tumble. :)

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I am a hoarder - I have to confess - I did until last year have 3 sky + HD boxes that I gave away to the Charity shop - I was going to commandeer the Hard Drives, but then though that they are too small anyway, so didn't bother. I do keep my Cat 6 cables and USB as that is still relevant - even dug the Nintendo Wii out the other day and had a few hours of Monopoly - typically took me a day to find the power cable and sensor bar though!

But anything SCART related has not definitely gone, along with all my VHS records and tapes. I even have several DVD players in the attic collecting dust I think - so must get round to sorting them out.

white exec
Moderating Team

Post by white exec »

There are one or two parallel printer cables in our odds'n'sods box, and a few RS232/serial ones. Think there are some coax (tv aerial) leads too. I have quite a lot of C,M,Y,K,LM,LC ink too, but no inkjet printer (thank goodness). We did recycle masses of new and used VHS, and I broke up for recycling several hundred floppy discs, 5" and rigid. There are still a dozen Zip disks in a drawer, contents copied. Everything worth keeping on VHS was copied to DVD (and it got nicely de-shuddered and cleaned up in the process). Two Betamax tapes lurk, with one-time OH playing netball. Three Kodak Carousel projectors are safely bubble-wrapped and boxed. There is a '70s BT office phone somewhere. And a ScanMan hand-held b/w TIFF scanner, last used on an Opus 8088 PC (now gone). Speaking of which, a Pentax Spotmatic 1000 35mm camera and several lenses - and the Weston Mk.V to go with it. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: In the workshop are a good few tools that belonged to my father, and his father before him. Do I need help....? 8-[

Gibbo2286
Donor 2020

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I've still got and occasionally use my first digital camera, only 1.2 megapixels but still produces pretty good images, built like a brick but nevertheless went all round the world with me twice.

Priced at £1200 when it came out although I didn't pay that, it came as part of a deal with a computer.

Plenty of them offered on Ebay for about a tenner. :)
Attachments
IMGP1771.JPG