AX wheel hub conversion

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nelray
My Cars:

AX wheel hub conversion

Post by nelray »

recently a friend of mine did a hub conversion (from four studs to five studs) on his Honda. He said I may be able to do the same to my Citroen AX (three studs to four studs). The problem is..where the hell can I get suitable wheel hubs for the AX. Are there any conversion kits for the AX in the market today ?
cheerz to all !!!
Guru Meditation

Post by Guru Meditation »

Someone had previously suggested something like a donor Peugeot 205 with the same kind of engine e.g. TU, XU. Source would be a scrapyard.
Jon

Post by Jon »

you need to get the bits of a 4 stud saxo. You need the front struts and hubs complete, plus the whole rear bream and arms to do this.
nelray
My Cars:

Post by nelray »

thanks for the suggestions guys. anyway I'm in Malaysia and Peugeots or Saxos aren't many on the road here or even the scrapyards. Would it be possible to modify Japanese bits and pieces.
cheerz !!
jgjones095
My Cars:

Post by jgjones095 »

A friend of mine has done this on his AX.
He used SAXO/ Pug 106 parts.
The AX GTi has 4 studs on - so parts off that tshould work too!
New suspension struts are requires on the front and a new rear beam for the back.
I though it would be a case of changing the rear brake drums - but i dont think its as simple as that.
Try going to:
www.ax-rated.co.uk - sure you'll find some more help there too!
Oh just read that you are from Malaysia. Good luck in finding the parts.
Isnt the AX a proton over there?
<hr noshade size="1">
Jonathan
95 AX Cascade 69k
89 AX 11RE 135k
nelray
My Cars:

Post by nelray »

yep, the AX is called Proton Tiara in Malaysia but actually it is 99.99 AX. They only changed the emblem. Recently I managed to find a citroen emblem and put it to my car.
I've checked all the parts inside the car and I haven't found a single part that's Japanese made (Malaysian cars have lots of Japanese and Taiwanese parts). All I can see are parts which are made in France, Spain, Italy (practically all EUs). Therefore I refer to my car as an AX.
anyway, thanks for the advice. I'll try to find the neccessary parts and bits from the UK or anywhere.
Cheers !