BX front parklight Bulb - How to remove?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ScottFromNZ
My Cars:

BX front parklight Bulb - How to remove?

Post by ScottFromNZ »

I feel stupid but I can't remove the park light bulb from within the headlight assembly. I can pull off the plug easily but no matter how hard I pull on the bulb enclosure it won't come out. The book just says "remove wiring plug to free the bulb holder" Is there a trick to it. Can't turn it either. I don't want to break it by forcing it. Any help appreciated.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Scott,
It probably needs turning - the early ones were push in, but the later ones had lugs on and need a 1/4 turn - try applying a bit more force with a pair of pliers - I think they turn anti-clockwise!
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

On a lot of BXs now there may be accidental access to the bulb from the front - the headlight assembly lenses rattle out over time and drop off - often at an inconvenient time like when you've just fitted a replacement unit, or grappled with a bulb at the back!
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

He does not lie!
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Scott -
You're aware that the complete headlamp assembly simply pops off the 2 grille-most fixings - and then by sliding the headlamp ½ an inch towards the grille - it frees the single wing-most fitting ?
ScottFromNZ
My Cars:

Post by ScottFromNZ »

Thanks all - I will try what you have suggested.
ScottFromNZ
My Cars:

Post by ScottFromNZ »

Thanks RichardW - the bulb holder turned easily a quarter turn with pliers. Bulb now replaced.
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

But do check the lens from time to time to make sure it's not coming adrift - particularly as I suspect that BX headlamp units are harder to get in NZ than in Europe......