Have I

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Gibbo2286
Donor 2020

Have I

Post by Gibbo2286 »

been unconscious for a month, is it December?

Just having a late lunch popped the TV on, Christmas films and adverts :shock: :evil: :evil: :evil: hell's arrived already.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Have I

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It seems to me that the retail industry are single-handedly trying to change the seasons.

Desperate for sales they keep pushing seasonal offerings on us earlier and earlier. I swear that in January one year they had Easter eggs on the shelves in Tesco no sooner than they could clear out the Christmas leftovers!

And another thing - try buying a winter coat in winter - forget it - as they start the summer clothes in December and in the summer, try buying pair of board shorts!

Debenhams being the latest to be on the way out - I keep being bombarded with 15%, 20%, 30% off for cardholders, then the next week it's Blue Cross Sale, the it's end of season sale, then another sale, then a preview sale - I get fed up with them and it smacks of desperation to me. Mind you if their prices were sensible to start with they wouldn't be in such a pickle - whatever happened to the 'pile it high and sell it cheap' philosophy? I mean how many people are really going to rush out and buy a Fred Perry T shirt at £80? including discount? Dream on. :rant2:

Gibbo2286
Donor 2020

Post by Gibbo2286 »

That Park Christmas saving club has an advert running urging people to start putting money in for Christmas 2019 .

NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

At least the ASDA "seasonal advert" has a token Red Trabant in it for some reason!
screenshot
screenshot

Regards neil

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Christmas started weeks ago around here :twisted: