radio console crashing **FIX**

This unit is the MyWay system, also referred to as RNEG, made by Harman Becker.
Main Features: Also referred to as RNEG, the MyWay colour satellite navigation system, has SD card, integrated European mapping, live trafic information, voice guidance and graphics in 2D or aerial perspective & it features a Bluetooth® system (Bluetooth phone compatibility only - no Bluetooth Audio Streaming).

Moderator: RichardW

crapday69
Donor 2017

radio console crashing **FIX**

Post by crapday69 »

Well it looks like I have fixed the constant problem of my radio and associated peripherals crashing on a cold morning. This would happen a good few times and if it lasted longer than about 10 minutes it deleted my settings meaning having to reset the time/date and the radio presets. The problem I was having was the stupid satnav SD card. Since I have ejected it, my radio has not crashed once and when I did put it back in on my way home from work, it crashed. I was thinking it was something to day with the bluetooth as it always seemed to co inside with my phone connecting, but alas after trying a new battery earlier on in the year it turns out it was a £2 SD card.

When I bought the car 3 years ago, the seller gave me a maps SD card that (I think) he got from eBay, my question is can I just copy the old card to a new SD card as it still works when the car gets going or would I be better waiting and getting the newest maps available.

Cheers

Gary.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: radio console crashing **FIX**

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi Gary

Yes the SD cards have a finite life as the Nand memory cells exceed their wear / write limit. As the MyWay system has no Hard drive as such - it uses flash memory to store and undertake some calculations - but navigation data is stored and used on the SD card itself.

There are no new maps available for MyWay - the latest version being 2016-2. Depending on the firmware in your unit, maps cannot be copied onto a new SD card from a certain version as they are protected. But like most things there are solutions..
crapday69
Donor 2017

Post by crapday69 »

I reformatted my SD card and tried to put the maps back on with no luck. Are they security protected and am I now F*#ked with my maps SD card.

Gary.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so first thing is I need to ascertain your firmware version and the version of your maps if possible, but the map data I’m not too worried about.

Then I might be able to help you out.