Boost, Oil Pressure, Oil Temperature

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Guru Meditation

Boost, Oil Pressure, Oil Temperature

Post by Guru Meditation »

Thinking about fitting the gauges mentioned in the thread title. The boost gauge is pretty well documented and is the one I really need, but I also thought maybe I could fit the oil temp and pressure just out of interest rather than any real need-but would it be easily possible? Where are the blanking plugs where the senders for oil temp and pressure and would the senders that come with the instruments be compatible, also I would need to preserve the oil pressure warning light which I guess is a switch. Anyone know anymore about this kind of thing?
Guru Meditation
BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

What Car?
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

I am doing the same thing, Boost is easy, water temp seems to replace one of the senders on the thermostat housing (My Peugeot Motor has an unused one,) oil Temp is best done by getting a sump from a GTI BX or Pug SRI which has a temp sensor built in. I am using aftermarket gauges.
Stewart
Guru Meditation

ZX TD Aura 1993
BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

I think my Xantia TD has a blank in the hole on the front middle of the sump where the temp sensor fits. I have a sensor and gauge from a Xantia but have not yet fitted it. Removing the instrument panel is a bit offputting.
I wonder if the sump plug could be replaced with a temp sensor? Not ideal but simple if posible.
Oil pressure - not sure - can a 'T' be fitted where the pressure switch is mounted?
Where is the pressure switch mounted?
What thread is the pressure switch?
Neil
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

pressure switch is on front of block under fuel pump, looks a bit tight and dodgy for a tee piece fitting with the old xud rocking at tickover, not sure about the thread though
Stewart
BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

Anyone know what the oil pressure should be? And what the max pressure could be?
Neil
Guru Meditation

According to the Haynes for your Xantia;
BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

Many Thanks