I think I'm done here!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Michel
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Some cars and a motorbike

I think I'm done here!

Post by Michel »

For the first time in many many years, I no longer have any French cars. Mrs. Michel is currently driving a VW Polo, and I'm now driving a Skoda Octavia Elegance TDi, and very nice it is too. I think my time with Citroens is done as the older ones aren't reliable enough to use as daily drivers, and parts can be tricky to find, and I don't like any of the newer ones.

Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed owning each and every one of the 36 Citroens I've owned, however frustrating they've been :) As old age creeps up on me, I can't be arsed trying to find parts and fixes .. life's too short, so I'm going to thank you all for all the help and amusement you've given me over the years, apologise sincerely to those of you who I've offended, thank the moderators for their never-ending hard work and wish you all the very best.

Mike

(Probably see you next week when I've sold all my Germanic cars and bought a MK1 C5 V6 with an iffy autobox...)
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Re: I think I'm done here!

Post by daviemck2006 »

You are saying the last sentence as a bit of a laugh but it’s maybe not far from the truth! I really like my recently acquired seat Leon, same as the Octavia underneath, and I really liked the £100 stopgap skoda fabia I had, basically a polo in disguise. The 205 is for sale and either or both Gabby and big broken pug will be going too. If I do sell them all, and it is because I don’t have the abilities to keep up with the maintainence of multiple old cars.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Post by van ordinaire »

Once again I'm reminded I really should be more grateful for my health - even if I'm not particularly fit.

I just can't imagine not having old cars (I'll make an exception for the C15 even if it has cost me in jobs I feel should be doing but, simply by virtue of it being FWD, are completely beyond me) which is why an older Cadillac is a fixture on the horizon & I can just about cope with the Cherokees because (just like the C15) they came out in '84 & never really changed for 20 years, even if I suspect that the reason the red one won't start now (my reward for spending 2 days changing a front hub/halfshaft) is the CPS - so even that is too modern really!

Next year will be a bit of a challenge though as the Idiot (sorry, Mayor) of London has decreed I can't keep the C15 at the house, it being 100 yds or so inside the S. Circular.
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Post by white exec »

...on the grounds that the C15 is old? not old enough to be excused? French? diesel? you have too many cars?
Pray tell...
Chris
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Post by van ordinaire »

It's a pre-2006 diesel & it'll be within the new CAZ boundary (i.e. the N & S Circular Roads: basically the London ring road)
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o