annoying zx indicator fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

s1zx

annoying zx indicator fault

Post by s1zx »

A few moths ago my zx started making odd clicking noises I eventualy worked out was the flasher unit (the bit that clicks in the cabin). Fairly soon after it died completely and I had to replace it.Out of interest i opened it up to see what it was like inside. To my shock it was covered with condenssation inside and badly coroded.I thought this was due to it being stood so thought nothing of it. 6 weeks later its failed again and it also is filled with condencation. I have checked inside for leeks but there are non and the water is definetly coming from inside.
Has anyone else had this problem or have a solution that might work because at £16 a time its a real pain and the only thing wrong with the car.
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I have checked inside for leeks <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Do you live in Wales, then? ;-)
There is nothing in a flasher unit that can be a source of water, and they are fairly well sealed against water ingress. Weird. Can you reposition it? Wrap some absorbent tissue or similar around it and see it it gets wet?
tony1

Post by tony1 »

I have the same problem when it rains very heavily. I think the water may be coming in via the main wiring loom where it goes through the bulkhead just above the relay panel (have not got round to sealing it yet). It does not take much water, the carpet is not even damp, it seems to find its way straight into the relays! I park facing up a slope so i don't know if this contributes to the problem.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Right Tony [B)]
The dreaded rainwater seepage along a wiring loom - known from many other models/makes [:(!]