Air bag fault and anbormal sound at right drivedha

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

monsak
My Cars:

Air bag fault and anbormal sound at right drivedha

Post by monsak »

Hi
I have two problems to ask in this forum.My car is Xantia 95,nonhydrative with antisink system
1. I change right side inner driveshaft gaiter and move relay box that control electric fan from its original place to other site (to place near fusebox under bonnet) .After that , sometime wneh I start engine , there is a sound look-liked something attack under my car(very short sound around 2-3 sec but I heard it clearly from my cabin).I think it may be right driveshaft. I drove my car back to garage.He inspected under my car but when it stay in front of garage man.It behave normally .No abnormal sound happen.My garage look around each nut and bolt involve in changing part that he was done.Everything is Ok , no slacken was detected. I bring my car back but it still produced that sound (not everytime I start engine , It random to happen). Can you suggest me that what should be wrong in my car?
2. When I start engine ,my airbag warinig light is flashing for 10 min and then persist on.I search in this forum about this problem and found that its cause may be defect from orange wire and plug under drive seat.Somebody advice that this orange wire should be cut off and solder it together and the other one advice to disconnect this plug and spray with contact cleancer. I would like to ask that can I disconnect and reconnect this plug/cut it off and soldering it together or I must do anythings before I disconnect it.
Thank you for your advice
monsak
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Hi Monsak -
1) Could this simply be the rattle/click/tick sound from the hydraulic pump or pressure regulator ? The pump is located low down on right side of engine - and will emit this sound approx every 1-2 minutes.
It's fully normal - as it's the PR valves openning/closing to keep the hydraulic system pressure within working limits while engine is running.
2) I fully understand your concern messing with wires for the airbag control [8)]
I would certainly disconnect the battery before messing around - just in case. To be sure I would wait further 30 minutes to let the airbag control circuit dis-charge in the electronics - before I start messing around.
Since disconnecting the battery means you will loose security codes on your radio - and probably also the lock code on car - you MUST first write down these codes before disconnecting battery.
The repair for the airbag control switch means you omit the wiring plug - and instead solder (or crimp) the wires together - making for a better & reliable connection.