2005 Berlingo 1.9 dw8 oil filter/cooler thread

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

JEREMYH
My Cars: C15 VAN 53 plate one of the last working C15 Vans in the country doing upto 1800 mile a a week

2005 Berlingo 1.9 dw8 oil filter/cooler thread

Post by JEREMYH »

Good morning

I think I have just brought a dog ! woof woof !

I got a Berlingo that looked ok on inspection 100 miles later the header tank is full of oil runs perfect and has not used any oil .

My first operation is change the cooler as it is obvious around the forums that this is common .
On starting this job the filter was on tight and I ended up unscrewing the whole assembly .
I cannot get the 27 mm nut that holds the cooler in place of the engine block oil filter thread . This probably means somebody has been here before and bodge the cooler on then discover it was a headgasket . Then the found me (mug of the week) !

My question is where would I get the block filter thread and nut . Is it only a main dealer one . I do have a scrapped one but if it is going to be 10 quid I would rather fit a new thread than spend my Sunday laying in oil and mud !

This van is a good van apart from that I got it for 600 pound with 6 months mot and 165K on the clock I feel it has plenty of life left.
If it is the headgasket . My local garage can sort it all out for me this week

Many Thanks