Acc sphere, rising rear fault?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

noz
My Cars:

Post by noz »

taipan,
It is perfectly normal for the car to rise when people get out.It should return to normal after 10-15 seconds all by itself. You don't have to adjust the ride height setting to make it return to normal.
If the accumulator clicks every 40-45 seconds this is perfectly normal, no fault.
cheers
noz
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Taipan [:)]
It's normal behaviour [8D]
The spheres acts as springs. When you load the rear of car with persons - the springs (gas in spheres) compresses - thus the rear sinks.
The height corrector valve is then opened to get more hydraulic pressure in the rear suspension cylinders - raising the suspension again to normal height - within some 20 seconds.
All is good again.
Now you arrive to your destination - people in rear seats leaves the car - and the rear suspension is no longer loaded - the springs (gas in spheres) is no more compressed - and car raises TOO high on rear.
The height corrector valve is then opened <i>OPPOSITE</i> - to let out some hydraulic pressure - lowering the suspension again to normal height - within some 20 seconds.
All is good again [8D]
Exactly like this a Hydraulic Citroen is supposed to work [;)]
The approx 40-45 seconds clicks from the acc sphere/PR is just about fine [:p]
When it reaches down to some 20-30 seconds between clicks - it's time to replace the acc sphere.
Try listen to the hydraulic Citroens you see around when you're in your home-town. I bet you find some which have the constant clicking from the engine bay [:D]
Many owners don't know about this problem - untill suddenly some more severe problems arises [8)]
alexx
My Cars:

Post by alexx »

When you load the car, gas in spheres gets compressed. H/C opens after several seconds, and some LHM flows into cylinders, but on the same pressure - pressure won't rise further during height correction, unless the car was heavy loaded so that bump stops come into play and take some weight before the car gets levelled.
Opposite happens when unloading the car.
If the car fails to level after unloading, that would mean flat accu sphere
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

I to thought this was strange when I bought my xant and was convinced something was wrong, but Anders and alexx explained and it all made sense, me and my family are not the most lightweight of people,therfore it takes more pressure to suspend us hence the back goes higher when the weight comes off, my problem was the height corrector wasn't letting the back go back down after rising due to incorrect fitting.
Your car sounds like its working normally[:D]