Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Minor changes to FCF appearance

Post by xantia_v6 »

The eagle-eyed among you may notice a few minor changes to the FCF forum. I have been making a few changes, partly addressing some issues that had previously had short-term patches applied, and partly in preparation for a forum software upgrade that I expect to happen in the next month or two.

The changes are:
  • The Google site-search facility is back, and the Google search box under the right hand side of the header has returned after an absence.
  • HTML links on the site are no longer underlined by default, some such as manually inserted links in posts are specifically underline. If there is any particular example of a place where a link has become too obscure, let me know and I will sort out a fix.
  • There are now highly visible buttons at the top and bottom of forum and topic pages for subscribing to (notifications of) new posts in those forums and topics. You can control whether you generally get email notifications for a category of site notifications by using the settings link from the notifications drop-down at the top of the page.
  • There have been minor updates to the posts bookmark feature.
  • There were (a few weeks ago) some changes to the appearance of the site header and associated buttons. This was particularly intended to improve usability of phones with small screens.
I am sure that you will let me know if you spot any problems.
Paul-R
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Re: Minor changes to FCF appearance

Post by Paul-R »

I've just seen a little upwards arrow next to the name of the poster of any quoted text. Clicking on that takes you to the original post. Not something I've noticed before - when did that arrive?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Re: Minor changes to FCF appearance

Post by xantia_v6 »

Paul-R wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 10:23 I've just seen a little upwards arrow next to the name of the poster of any quoted text. Clicking on that takes you to the original post. Not something I've noticed before - when did that arrive?

I think that arrived with the last phpBB update (to v3.2.2), it is not something that I had direct involvement in.

I think that it may not work if you quote a very old post, as the database format has changed a little over the years.