diesel tank

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

happychap

diesel tank

Post by happychap »

on my 98 xantia 1.9 td i have diesel leaking from the bottom of the fuel tank.it looks like a white plastic insert at the front of the tank and to near the exhaust side , before i start to grope anybody got any ideas what it is and how i can deal with it thanks
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Are you sure that this is really where the leak is? The reason I say that is that I had a leak on our zx which turned out to be a vent pipe on the top of the tank. The pipe had split allowing fuel to escape especially when the tank was full.
As a matter of interest I can't recall anyone on here replacing a leaky tank.
Jeremy
<font color="black"></font id="black"><font color="black"></font id="black"><font color="black"></font id="black">
happychap

Post by happychap »

from the bottom of the tank i e it looks like a white piece of plastic sticking out i have been under ,and it is coming from that didnt want to get the mole grips on without some advice ta
happychap

Post by happychap »

on closer inspection it looks like some sort of drain plug , chatting to my son by phone ,a b x owner , as i had a pretty full tank suggested the system pressuried and, as we had a hard frost this morning, the vent pipe may have frozen with a drop of water and the only way to release the pressure was by this plug , it did go off with a bang,but was just getting of a main road, so went on ,not noticing anything till i got home ,leaving half my fuel making a nice trail in the road