Pioneer Stereo installation

This unit is the RD4 or RD45 system, made by Continental.
Usually standard equipment unless another system is specified as an option. There are Single & Dual Tuner versions. RD45 features over the RD4: The RD45 has USB connectivity & integrated Bluetooth module supporting Phone & Audio Streaming.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

kamz58
My Cars: 2007 C5 2.0 Auto

Pioneer Stereo installation

Post by kamz58 »

Hi Guys,

I have a 2007 C5 VTR 2.0HDI and I am looking to install this Pioneer unit.
https://www.pioneer-car.eu/eur/products/mvh-x580dab

My car currently has a single CD unit, photo attached.
I am really struggling to understand which connectors/adapters will I need to install it as I want to keep all the steering stalk controls and also the controls for the little display beneath the windscreen, Can anyone please help me out.
If you have any better suggestions please do let me know as I am newbie when it comes to stereo unit replacement.

Thanks in Advance.
Attachments
20180711_185601.jpg
Sloppysod
Donor 2024
My Cars: Citroens
1 x GS, 1 x GSX (Banger raced), 1 x GSA,
2 x CX Famililles, 1 x CX GTI,
BX, XM, Xantia, C5 Mk1,
C4 (Coupe), C4 (B7),
C5 (X7)

Renault
R4 Van
Fuego
Clio Campas

Re: Pioneer Stereo installation

Post by Sloppysod »

No idea, but have a rummage around on this website, it may help identify what you need.
http://www.connects2.co.uk/Product/ManufacturerSearch
Stu 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go"Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Major interventions
C5 Steering rack @ 58,000 mi
4 discs & Pads @ 63,585 mi
2 (AM6) oil exchanges @ 58,876 & 72,378 mi
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

kamz58 wrote: 11 Jul 2018, 19:33 Hi Guys,

I have a 2007 C5 VTR 2.0HDI and I am looking to install this Pioneer unit.
https://www.pioneer-car.eu/eur/products/mvh-x580dab

My car currently has a single CD unit, photo attached.
I am really struggling to understand which connectors/adapters will I need to install it as I want to keep all the steering stalk controls and also the controls for the little display beneath the windscreen, Can anyone please help me out.
If you have any better suggestions please do let me know as I am newbie when it comes to stereo unit replacement.

Thanks in Advance.

Be aware that you will loose access to car configuration menus if you replace the unit!

You must also use a CAN compatible harness for the new unit.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
kamz58
My Cars: 2007 C5 2.0 Auto

Post by kamz58 »

oh didnt know that. This is exactly what I am trying to avoid, dont want to lose any functionality on the car.
Do I have any other options?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The head units on PSA cars are more than just Audio units as you probably have found out. It can be done, but not without loosing functionality and things like parking assistance if you have that too.

Other third party options are available but limited. You can purchase aftermarket devices that will mimic the CD changer for example, to allow MP3 files to be played via a USB key. Some will have a Bluetooth interface to stream via your phone, but control is limited again. For the MK II C5, there was an RT3 telematic system, which Inhad on mine, with GSM car phone, colour sat navy and played MP3s via CD. But even on that top option there was no Bluetooth phone or music streaming for he year,

So if it is phone calls that are important, get a hands free Bluetooth kit that is independent with separate mic and speaker, but if it is tunes you are more interested in, then a Yatour box will mimic a CD changer as I explained and just connects into the CD changer port at the back of your existing head unit. You can then either plug in a USB, SD card or on some Yatour models via Bluetoothto play audio files. The control is just like a 6 CD multichanger, so the files have to be organised in that hierarchy. But at least you can use the car controls on the steering wheel to forward and rewind or skip tracks etc.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Xantippa
My Cars: Now:
C5 X7 HDi 240 Exclusive Tourer
ZOE 22kwh Intense
Before:
C4 1,6 Coupe Automatic
C5 X7 HDi136 Exclusive Sedan A
Xantia HDi110 Berline
Xantia 1,8SX Berline

Post by Xantippa »

Yatour bluetooth box works also as bluetooth handsfree. So if you can use phone as source, then it's quite good option. Personally I haven't used Yatours handsfree function because NaviDrive has got it's own bluetooth handsfree so cannot tell exactly how good it is to use.
vortexco
My Cars: Peugeot 407 Sport SW 2.2 HDI 2007 (07)
Peugeot 307 SW 1.6 HDI 2008 (57)

Post by vortexco »

Ive been looking to do the same thing on my Peugeot 407. The radio on mine looks that same as the climate controls as yours.

I've been in touch with Connects2 and have chosen the right products for my car.

Yes you will lose some functions, like the six display buttons on the left under the volume knob. However you will still be able to access the menu button for changing things like the clock etc. and Hopefully keep the reversing sensors, if you have them.

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=61203

I have linked all the adaptors in my post, however you still need to get in touch with Connects2 as you have a Citroen, not a Peugeot so you'll need a different adaptor. But you can look at mine so you can see the rough cost. Obviously I'm upgrading everything, but you might not want to.
Peugeot 407 Sport SW 2.2 HDI
Peugeot 307 SW 1.6 HDI