307 2.0 HDi RHR connectors by the cambelt

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tmead
Donor 2023
My Cars: Currently own:
308 1.6 HDi 90
Toyota Aygo
Toyota proace
208 1.2 Allure

307 2.0 HDi RHR connectors by the cambelt

Post by tmead »

When it was all buttoned up back together I have an extra connector that I cant find a mate for now. I cant remember whether this was there before or not? I have the connectors for the camshaft and crank sensors all OK, along with the turbo solenoid. There's a big one back there that is a different style to the others too. The extra one is a brown socket with two pins and a wire that heads off round the back of the engine somewhere. It looks reasonably clean, so I'm not sure if it was always empty, which would be odd ? I should have photographed during stripdown, but assumed that Peugeot would have made it reasonably idiot proof......

If anyone with an RHR engine knows this area from a recent cambelt change, or could grab some pics of the connectors by the top of the cambelt I'd really appreciate it.
EDC5
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Citroen C5 RHR AM6

Re: 307 2.0 HDi RHR connectors by the cambelt

Post by EDC5 »

Not sure if it's any help but I took this short vid today whilst I had he bonnet open.

tmead
Donor 2023
308 1.6 HDi 90
Toyota Aygo
Toyota proace
208 1.2 Allure

Post by tmead »

EDC you are a star ! Many thanks - I'll have to inspect mine closely now. There isn't as much room on the 307, its all crammed in under the front edge of the screen.

I didn't note a brown connector there, but will watch again when I'm at home tonight.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I've been having a look at the wiring for your car and there is a 2 pin Brown connector for the 'Downstream Exhaust Gas High Temperature Sensor' Not sure if that helps, but it should end up going back to the Engine ECU.

Click to Zoom
307 1343 Connector.PNG
307 1343 Location.PNG
So 1320 is the engine ECU and 1343 is the Brown Connector I described above.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
tmead
Donor 2023
308 1.6 HDi 90
Toyota Aygo
Toyota proace
208 1.2 Allure

Post by tmead »

Many thanks GMAB - I'll have to have another run through the connectors over there and find the mating part ! I'm assuming that should also be brown <grin>
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I wouldn't like to hazard a guess on the mating connectors TBH! But the engine ECU connector that it comes from is a 48 pin brown connector, with the 2 wires (1275 & 1274) ending in the 2 pin brown plug that goes into the area in the diagram. Should be easy to locate now you have the location - maybe get one of those extendible mirrors with an LED light on the end to help.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
tmead
Donor 2023
308 1.6 HDi 90
Toyota Aygo
Toyota proace
208 1.2 Allure

Post by tmead »

Thanks guys, I'm confused now ! The empty connector is clipped up on the top of the cambelt cover by the camshaft sensor, so not quite where the pic shows. The wire from the connector disappears down over the back and does feel like it enters a stiff tube that would attach to the exhaust, so I reckon you guys have identified the sensor, I just cant find a mating connector anywhere on this area of the engine loom that would connect to it. I know there are a few spare connectors around on peugeots, like the blue one on the front of the engine behind the inlet manifold, and a believe a brown one on 306 2.0 Hdi engines by the cambelt cover.......

The loom that comes up the front of the engine has connectors for the glow plugs, injectors, camshaft sensor, turbo vac valve, turbo repeat and crank sensors. There are no more connectors on the end of the engine loom !
The only wires that group up across the back of the engine I believe are glow plug supplies, and they are clipped across the back of the cam cover. There are no other left - right wiring runs right across the back AFAIK.

I'm surprised I didnt note this empty connector when I did the cambelt a while ago, as I had some of these disconnected for access to get the cover out.

Its running pretty well now, economy is OK, starting is fine, power seems OK, although a little 'lumpy' at full throttle, so maybe I'll just have to ignore this one ! Other fish to fry. This car has taken too much time recently.