Berlingo Auxillary pulley help

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

BrianTheSnail
My Cars: Berlingo
Dyane

Berlingo Auxillary pulley help

Post by BrianTheSnail »

Hi everyone.

First poster here,hoping for some help.

I have a 2003 Berlingo m-space Forte D,1.9 diesel. I have identified (I think) the location of the squeeling noise which has recently started, but need some assistance with Aux belt location and pulley names.

There appear to be Crank Shaft pulley, bottom idler.Centre idler ,tensioner,Power steering pulley and alternator pulley.The squeeling noise disappears when squirting WD40 into the centre Idler (if thats what its called),so have diagnosed this as the problem rightly or wrongly.

The questions are:-
1.What is the correct name for the centre idler and bottom idler (is it an idler or a deflection/guide pulley)?
2.The belt on the bottom idler goes below the pulley .Should it in fact go above?
3.How is the tension on the tensioner adjusted? I assume I need to slacken it to replace the centre idler.
4.What else is it worth replacing whilst I have it in pieces .Assume belt.Anything else.?
5.If I need to drop the engine to replace tensioner,any idea what size tool is required?

Many thanks for reading,sorry its a bit long winded.
Attachments
2018-04-06 14.21.27.jpg
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Berlingo Auxillary pulley help

Post by RichardW »

Welcome!

Here's the diagram from service.citroen, plus the part numbers and (excessive Citroen!) prices:
dw8belt.JPG

Reference Description Quantity Price - VAT Price + VAT Total + VAT Selection
0000575167 ROLLER 1 19.94 GBP 23.93 GBP 23.93 GBP

1613837880 ROLLER 1 20.89 GBP 25.07 GBP 25.07 GBP

1613840080 TENSIONNER 1 57.1 GBP 68.52 GBP 68.52 GBP

Looks like there is a hex on the centre of the tensioner, just pivot this back and then put a pin in the top and you should be able to feed the belt off. Shouldn't be any need to drop the engine. I would stick in new idlers and belt, but leave the tensioner unless it's giving trouble. Not clear from the diagram if the belt should be under or over the roller... under looks OK!
Richard W
BrianTheSnail
Dyane

Post by BrianTheSnail »

Many thanks RichardW. I think that sounds like a good idea,just tackle the two rollers. The tensioner is not shown in the pic (it is above the roller).

The belt has been like that since we got the car,not sure if it is correct though.Although the other pics I have seen show the belt above the roller,although, not sure how to set the tensioner.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Tensioner should just be automatic, just let the spring do its job!
Richard W
BrianTheSnail
Dyane

Post by BrianTheSnail »

RichardW wrote: 06 Apr 2018, 17:17 Tensioner should just be automatic, just let the spring do its job!

Cheers. So you reckon the tensioner doesn't need removing to replace the two roller?Sorry, i'm probably being a bit thick :)