206 sw 2.0. Hdi remote locking and fuel computer.

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

206 sw 2.0. Hdi remote locking and fuel computer.

Post by Peter.N. »

I have been looking for one of these at the right price for some time as my wife fancied a smaller car, I found one in Nottingham a few weeks ago and its in very good nick but doesn't seem to have had anything replaced on it since new!

Anyway, I have done the rear dampers and front drop links and its stopped rattling now. :-D

I have a couple of weird electrical faults now. The key had fallen apart when I got it so the remote locking didn't work. I got a repair kit off ebay for the princely sum of £3.99 which was brilliant, it consisted of a new case, new battery and two tact switches, as one of mine was broken I was delighted as I had no idea where I could get them.

After giving the PCB a good clean I set about seeing if I was any good at brain surgery and successfully replaced the broken switch, fitted the battery and reassembled it, to my amazement it worked - well sort of. If you try to lock it instantly it unlocks again, but if you lock it with the key the remote will unlock it and just occasionally it will lock as well, any suggestions?

The other problem is with the fuel computer, when I first tried it nothing worked but after giving the wiper end button a good work out I now get some functions, I suspect it hasn't been used much like most other things in the car. I can with a bit of fiddling get the MPG display but it keeps on changing (I know you would expect that) but each time I drive it the mileage is different, it goes up and down OK but reads ridiculous mileages and then resets by the next time I use the car. Again, any suggestions?

Thanks

Peter