berlingo brakes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sussex flyer
My Cars:

berlingo brakes

Post by sussex flyer »

Hi all,am about to change the front brake pads and rear[?] shoes on my berlingo 1.9 diesel 2003 x plate and although I have done this many times on other makes this is the first citroen I have owned and would be grateful for any tips if they are unusual. Also is the fuel filter easy to change and has anyone seen a haynes for this model as I cant locate one. Cheers.
davey
My Cars:

Post by davey »

Fuel filter is a doodle - when u get you're new puriflex filter from gsf .... there is just a plastic clip (no screws!) holding the top of the filter on with a rachet type mechanism that u release .. gently.
remember and drain it first from the drain plug at the bottom of the housing.
no haynes manual!
havent done the rear shoes but had no problem changing the front pads and disks - there are no nasty split pins in there that rust up! it is a straightforward job, if i remember there are 2 bolts holding one side of the caliper on - releasing 1 of them lets the assy swing up allowing pad access. The only bad thing i recall, when changing disks there is a big torx bolt (which requires the appropriate socket) which releases the whole caliper assy from the disk - it was damn tight .
good luck
sussex flyer
My Cars:

Post by sussex flyer »

Hi davey. thanks for the reply. will hopefully get the bits done sunday (snow and wind forecast so should be fun!)