Rear suspension problem c5 2.0 ltr hdi 2005

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Hippieneil
My Cars: Citroen c5 2.0 ltr hdi 2005 exclusive

Rear suspension problem c5 2.0 ltr hdi 2005

Post by Hippieneil »

Hi had a serious suspension fault come up during the beast from the east . Thought it might be ride height sensor so gave it a good spray whilst it was off the ground on ramps but didnt cure fault . Irdered new one and fitted to car no change so then checked 40 amp maxi fuse not blown thought would check lds for fluid just to see if i needed fluid but only needed a little top up fault still there . Above fluid in bulk head saw something had got in and been chewing on wiring loom managed to solder some 15 amp wire in and shrink tubed to give a proper protected joint from the elements . Fault has now gone of screen but back end is not self leveling when i open or shut doors or unlock the car . Pump dies raise from inside the buttons inside but at no other time i live in bromley and have no access to lexia . I have read there is a relay for the suspension pump does anyone know its location or heard of this fault before regards and tia
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Rear suspension problem c5 2.0 ltr hdi 2005

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It can’t be the relay if the pump is working when the internal buttons are raising and lowering the vehicle if I understand your post correctly.

Does raising and lowering the vehicle through all the height settings work correctly?

My first thoughts would be the height corrector. If it has been replaced it is recommended that the vehicle heights are recalibrated using Lexia. It may not have been refitted exactly in the same position as the old one. Lexia will also be able to report the suspension height values against the factory programmed reference values, so this would indicate if they are within the allowed range or not.

I would check these out first before anything else as you may be getting a code in Lexia concerning incorrect data from the height corrector or another fault.

Check out the list of members with kits prepared to help:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=56452
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Hippieneil
My Cars: Citroen c5 2.0 ltr hdi 2005 exclusive

Re: Rear suspension problem c5 2.0 ltr hdi 2005

Post by Hippieneil »

Yes picks up and stops at all three heights correctly. Seems just the back is not responding front drops to self level thats why i was guessing it was the relay cheers for prompt reply will see if i can get some help from somebody of the list with lexia