Pete
Auto handbrake 'off' setting.
-
milleplod
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 02 Sep 2016, 19:53
- x 15
Auto handbrake 'off' setting.
I give in.....where is it?!
I want to deactivate it as new rear pads are going in this weekend. The handbook says its in the main menu under 'vehicle parameters' and then 'comfort'....except I've no 'comfort' option shown! Am I doing something wrong?! The warning light for the auto function being off lights up when I switch the ignition on, and then goes out, so I expected to be able to actually switch the function off....or is that hoping for too much, it being a Citroen?!
Pete
Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur.
-
RichardW
- Forum Treasurer
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 07 Aug 2002, 17:12
- x 1487
Re: Auto handbrake 'off' setting.
You can probably just get away with turn ign on, put handbrake off, turn ignition off. Do NOT turn the ignition or start and then stop the engine until you have finished the re-pad, and re-seated the pads. Or you can use Diagobx of course.... Make sure you know which way to rotate the calipers to wind them back - one of them may be LH thread! And if you haven't got one, I would buy a wind back kit - they can be had for not too much money on e-bay, and make the job soooo much easier!
Richard W
-
milleplod
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 02 Sep 2016, 19:53
- x 15
Re: Auto handbrake 'off' setting.
I've just been out and tried that - yep, looks like I should be OK! Thanks. A friend's doing it, he's got the caliper kit so hopefully it should be a fairly straightforward job. I wonder why my car's not got the 'off' option in the settings though?RichardW wrote: 22 Mar 2018, 16:14 You can probably just get away with turn ign on, put handbrake off, turn ignition off. Do NOT turn the ignition or start and then stop the engine until you have finished the re-pad, and re-seated the pads. Or you can use Diagobx of course.... Make sure you know which way to rotate the calipers to wind them back - one of them may be LH thread! And if you haven't got one, I would buy a wind back kit - they can be had for not too much money on e-bay, and make the job soooo much easier!
Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur.
-
RichardW
- Forum Treasurer
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 07 Aug 2002, 17:12
- x 1487
Re: Auto handbrake 'off' setting.
No idea about the disable function...
Info I have says both sides are wound clockwise.
Info I have says both sides are wound clockwise.
Richard W
-
GiveMeABreak
- (Donor 2016)
- Posts: 41989
- Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
- x 6957
Re: Auto handbrake 'off' setting.
On some vehicles that function has been removed (probably after a BSI update). You just need to switch engine off, put foot on brake and hold handbrake button down IIRC. But, be aware any pull up on the switch will reactivate the brake unless you are removing battery terminals to ensure it does not re-engage.
Again, if you are not using Diabox to deactivate the handbrake, then don’t switch the ignition back on or it may activate the brake again. I actually reconfigured mine to re-enable it in the menu.
Again, if you are not using Diabox to deactivate the handbrake, then don’t switch the ignition back on or it may activate the brake again. I actually reconfigured mine to re-enable it in the menu.
Please note, I'm no longer active on the Forum, so won't respond to messages.
Marc
Marc