Looking for someone who can connect car to Help fix immobiliser issue

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Emmajay2713
New User
My Cars: Peugeot 206 1.4 sport
Peugeot 206 1.4 SW

Looking for someone who can connect car to Help fix immobiliser issue

Post by Emmajay2713 »

I don’t know if anyone can help but having no luck phoning up garages asking for help as they all don’t seem to know what I’m on about.

My Peugeot 206 SW 1.4 8v (2004) was working no problem until my partner thought she would try and be helpful and change the stereo in the car.

I don’t know what she has done but the car will now no longer start. The engine turns over but doesn’t actually stay going. The car doesn’t recognise when the key is in ignition as it doesn’t beep when open door with key in ignition.

I have tried resetting bsi and checked all connections and fuses. Also the headlights, wipers, stereo and well everything else in the Car apart from windows no longer works.
I have never come across this before and I’ve had Peugeot for the past 10 years.

If anyone can help that would be great.
Also I’m in Swindon Wiltshire so if anyone is close and could help I can throw some money your way

Thank you in advance
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Looking for someone who can connect car to Help fix immobiliser issue

Post by wheeler »

Have you removed the new stereo again?
Was the battery disconnected to fit the stereo and if so was the BSI allowed time to shut down before battery disconnection ?
Has any wiring been butchered?
Ive seen incorrectly fitted aftermarket stereos causing lots of different strange electrical problems but never seen one that causes it not to start. Even though the plugs may look the same on the new stereo they are not ‘plug & play’ on multiplexed PSA cars.