Xantia HDI problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dohnut
My Cars:

Xantia HDI problem

Post by Dohnut »

l have a problem my Citroen Xantia Hdi 110 has the Auto Diagnosis light on top speed is 80mph and top revs is restricted to 2800, started some time ago and was advised to drain the water from the filter first then change fuel filter, did this and cured the problem. some time later same again, lifted bonnet and found that the drain screw was leaking tried to tighten it made it worse, loosened it off and it stopped and fault cured. Or so I thought, Week ago same again 80mph 2500 max revs, found drain screw weeping again, tried to loosen and tighten still weeping, tried another fuel filter housing complete. When I loosened the new filter housing drain screw it poured out, took screw out to find o ring split tried new o ring but it still has a very small weep. Now reading about the turbo on this forum and the vacuum, I am not sure if I am on the right track with the problem. Sorry to go on so long, hope someone can help with advice.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

it could be loads of things,ideally you need to get the fault codes read.i presume its this thread you are talking about - http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... IC_ID=5569
there is a few things in there you could maybe check first,particuarly any loose or split pipes,check the intercooler for leaks,can you hear any leaking air when you rev the engine ? check all the vaccum pipes are clear.is the air filter ok ?
Fruitcake
My Cars:

Post by Fruitcake »

Hi Dohnut
Have you tried putting some Reddex in your fuel tank?
l think it is worth a try.You can buy it from Halfords.Also l would try another O ring just to make sure it is sealed properly. You can buy an assorted pack of these for less than £1.
l think you should look for a simple answer to your problem.l think you are thinking too technical.
Good Luck [:)]
Dohnut
My Cars:

Post by Dohnut »

Hi Fruitcake, Thought you must be crazy lady at first but tried redex and fitted new o ring. Well well, suprise surprise, ran car for day and auto diagnosis light has gone out and car seems to be running ok. Got the umph back again, touch wood. Thanks for the info and making it a great day.