which is the best battery?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ZXturbo_Aura
My Cars:

which is the best battery?

Post by ZXturbo_Aura »

ZX TD 1992, i was thinking of a Bosch 6F(60 amp) or a fullman DS6?? any other suggestions?
Dan
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Got 4 Kwik Fit own brand (GT is the name) fitted on my ZX td £130 all in and they seem all right for about town and the occassional blast down the motorway. Only problem a little less sticky then I would like in the wet, but as the wife says just slow down.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Sorry for the head loss I thought you asked about Tyres. Sorry. As for batteries just fitted a Lion Brand 66 amp from ........................ on my ZX TD. Sorry GSF but they were on the other side of the road and you didn't have my size battery, I needed it then and there. So far it's good, the old diesel starts much quiker and I got a life time guarantee.
ZXturbo_Aura
My Cars:

Post by ZXturbo_Aura »

betteries not tyres! lol!!
Jon

Post by Jon »

Fulmen DS5. Range topper in a ZX TD.
A few months ago I got a call from British Airways one morning when Concorde would not start, anyway me and the ZX TD popped round there and got the old girl going.[:)][:p][;)]I jest.
Honest.
Anyway, if you're serious about cars and batteries in a ZX, the Fulmen DS5 Durastart is the way to go.
A few weeks ago, 2 members of this Forum went to the local pub in a ZX TD with a DS5 battery so installed.Ok it was my ZX. We left it in the lane with the sidelights on whlist we went in the said pub. It came to pass that we then walked home and crashed the night at a mate's place, and did not collect the faithful ZX until 10.46am the next morning. Still with its lights on.
Whereupon the old girl fired up straight away despite having sat with the lights on for about 14 hours. We've got a lot of respect for expensive batterys.