c3 not running very well

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

paullap
My Cars: Peugeot 206

c3 not running very well

Post by paullap »

Citroen C3 2007 !.4 Petrol KFV engine

This is a bit long Sorry

Problem Engine not running great, difficult to get it to idle until it gets warm, and it cuts out.

Symptoms. I can start it, runs for about 10 seconds and cuts out, I can keep it running by playing about with the accelerator pedal. It will then tick over quite nice when warmed up, probably when it goes in to closed loop. I have good fuel pressure.
These cars do suffer from ecu problems and injectors.
The fault codes. and they are both perminent.

P0598. Controlled thermostat signal short to earth or open circuit
P1676. Controlled alternator control

P0598, I checked all the wiring and it turned out to be the electronic thermostat, Now replaced and code cleared.

P1676 Took a while to it cleared I checked the alternator it was charging fine, But the code would not clear, So I did a BCM reset, it then let me clear the code.

No codes now

Took it for a run, And it was not too bad, a little flat spot and not a lot of power in 4th gear. It then cut out, turned it off and restarted and ran ok again for a while.

This is the thing that is puzzling me, Looking at live data with the scanner, the injector pulse width on the injectors is all over the place, number 3 is fixed at 208M/Seconds another fluctuating around is 156M/s and the other 2 in the sixty's , so you would think injector problems, So I set up the scope on each injector live and they all look perfect, so the data is getting corrupt some where.
So seeing as the alternator was having problems and it all goes through the BCM, It could well be a BCM problem, also the BCM did make a strange vibrating noise at some stage when driving.

Paul