Good Looking Modern Cars?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Re: Good Looking Modern Cars?

Post by mickthemaverick »

I have a personal dislike of Alfa's habit of hanging the front number plate on the side rather than central. The same thing bugs me about the Land Rover Discos and their rear plates. I think it upsets my desire for symmetry and balance in car design! As for the Nissan Cube don't start me off! :-D
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

That Alfa looks very purposeful :) I agree on the number plate Mick. In its home territory, front plates are very small and insignificant so will fit fairly nicely in the spot Alfa designed for them. I still, like you, don't like them off-centre...

Colour suits it...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

Does such a thing exist?
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Well without prompting and from some time ago I shutter clicked a future CitroJim Mobile as a contender...
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 22 Dec 2019, 12:09 Well I took a picture or 2 of a modern car this morning.

My thought process.......thats a nice colour, it's a Citroen, looks like a nice sort of size, not too big, not too small, its got a decent tail gate, probably plenty of space for the dog, bit of protective plastic down and I bet those back seats fold down to get a few bags of sand and cement bricks and roofing felt in. Its got roof bars too :-D

So what was it?
Spoiler: show
I also awarded a Honda Civic the best looking modern car in ASDA car park in 2018!
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 27 Feb 2018, 18:53 The supermarket survey has been completed....ASDA to be precise, and I have chosen in my opinion the "best of the Moderns" on display today 27th February 2018.

..and the title "Asda Carpark Modern Car of the Day" goes to....

This
Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 27 Aug 2023, 21:57, edited 2 times in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 27 Aug 2023, 21:39 Well without prompting and from some time ago I shutter clicked a future CitroJim Mobile as a contender...
Yes, it's not a bad looker at all. It's easy enough on my eye and I like that it's a bit different to the usual stuff... It stands out from the crowd :)

It works too on a practical level with its huge tailgate and cavernous cargo area :) All the benefits of a van without actually being one.

The new Pug e208 is not too hard on the eye. I spent time looking at one in a lovely metallic blue whist purchasing Polly...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...