C3 plurial on watchdog tonight.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

monkeyman

C3 plurial on watchdog tonight.

Post by monkeyman »

Water ingress? Should be interesting watching! 8pm i think.
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

I had a look at the Pluriel shortly after it came out, and came to the opinion that the design of the roof was liable to leak and become ill-fitting after a while - it certainly didn't look like it would last.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Nice looking little motor. The wife had a look at one in a sort of sky blue colour. Any how saw the article on watch dog. I couldn't figure why the girl who was trapped in her car fo an hour and a half just didn't climb out of the window or try the roof? Or is this me just being a bloke and stating the obvious?
ZXturbo_Aura
My Cars:

Post by ZXturbo_Aura »

bloke and stating the obvious? lol
Jon

Post by Jon »

Courtesy of bbc.co.uk/watchdog
Citroen
24th February 2004
Billed as the most versatile car in the world, the Citroen Pluriel can do things other cars can't... like letting in the rain.
The Citroen Pluriel was launched eight months ago. It's five cars in one – a hatchback, soft-top, pick-up, panoramic saloon and a spider.
Claire Wyldbore bought her car in July last year. She chose it because it offered her everything she was looking for in a car. She first noticed it was leaking a couple of weeks after she bought it. Water was dripping onto her, the seal wasn't working properly.
Claire's car has been back to the Citroen garage five times. But it's still leaking. She's asked Citroen for a refund but they've refused. They've offered to try and fix it a sixth time instead.
Tanya Wells bought her Pluriel in June last year. She noticed it was leaking on her way home from work. She took it to her Citroen dealer who said they needed to replace the seals on her car. She waited four months for them to arrive. But that didn't work. She took it back to the garage again. This time they sealed her roof with Vaseline. Tanya had never heard of using Vaseline to seal cars. Neither had independent vehicle engineer Steve Lee.
He says the overlapping joint on the roof seal is very small so the water gets in here and drips down into the car. This can cause damp and can have an effect on the electronics. He said Vaseline was a ridiculous way to try and fix it.
Watchdog called some Citroen dealers to find out more. Here's what they told us:
Watchdog: Do you know if there's been like a recall or anything like that?
Dealer 1 : Not a recall, no. Cos you would have received a letter.
Dealer 2 : There's recalls on your car.
Dealer 3: We've have had quite a few that have developed water leaks on them
Dealer 4: We don't actually get that many water leaks
Dealer 5: It is a common fault with the Pluriel.
That's what's made people so angry. A leaking car is bad enough but telling drivers different stories is even worse.
Citroen's response.
Citroen admit that a small proportion of Pluriel owners have experienced water leaks, and they sincerely regret and inconvenience or disappointment for drivers. They way they are now confident that together with their dealer network they can now resolve the issue, which they insist is not safety related.
Pluriel owners who have any concerns can contact Citroen UK Customer Relations on 0870 606 9099.