Still finding DS5 stuff

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Still finding DS5 stuff

Post by qprdude »

My handbook says I have headlight washers. Apparently not all DS5 Sport cars have them????
Anyhoo, off I went to investigate. Being an old fashioned kind of chap, I expected the spray nozzles to be obvious . Not so, but there are two panels which look suspiciously like blanking covers, such as used when the washers are not fitted to a particular model. Undeterred, I fired up the engine (economy mode and all that), and tried the windscreen washers. Plenty of water sloshing around but difficult to leap from the car and check the headlights. The light lenses were getting wet, but no sign of nozzles. Enlisting the help of SWMBO, I finally saw the washers in action. I have to admit, I've never seen this type of set up, probably because I've never shown much interest before. The washer spray nozzles erupt from the front bumper, complete with what I thought were blanking covers, shoot forward for about 150 mm+, and release a considerable spout of the lenses when full beam is deployed. The arms would appear to be designer similarly to the old "Lazy tongs" pop riveters I used to employ in the days when I worked for a living!
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Still finding DS5 stuff

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Great news on finding another new toy on the car. I would advise that these 'drink' screen wash at a high rate. They normally work by using a high pressure pump to push the nozzle out and spray the lenses. Mind you, 6" extended seems to be a very long way.

It is likely (because of the rate of consumption) these will only trigger on a count. On my Skoda Octavia it was on the first and then every fifth application with the lights on.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes they are vicious little bu**ers. They ONLY work on main and dipped beam lights and as James has commented, they will guzzle screenwash.

Everyone accuses me of being tight now as I quickly switch to side lights only (as long as it's not dark) if it's raining and the windscreen needs a wash! That prevents the headlight washers from activating. Well, when your filling up with premium neat screenwash at nearly a fiver per 5 litres, you can easily go through one of them in a month :-D
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

:shock: Mine comes from Screwfix at £4 for 5 litres. Lasts over 6 months when mixed with water through my softener (it's a southern thing!). I keep a 2 litre bottle of pre mixed for longer journeys, 2 bottles if we are going to Aberdeen. I always wondered why my lenses were pristine even in the grimest weather. :)
Rick.

Fake Concern
My Cars:

Post by Fake Concern »

My C4 VTS is just like that in the headlight washer department. If used at night it's possible to see a quick shadow of it as it goes in and out! Also the washer bottle is 10 litres!
Actually the DS5 seems to have quite a few similar styling cues to the C4 Coupe particularly at the rear. Probably why I like the look of them!
Fake Concern, Volvo C30 T5 2011
Mrs Concern, Renault Moodus 1.6 Privilege 2004
Ms Concern No1, Pug 207 1.4 2008
Ms Concern No2, Citroen C4 VTS 2007
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

Yep, different shaped front lights but the DS5 is based on the C4 platform but longer I think. It's certainly an eye-catching shape and reasonably rare on UK roads. If you're sitting in a queue you get people in the next lane having a good look, and trying to work out what you are driving.
Rick.