C5 Estate - uneven rear tyre wear

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

hswift
My Cars:

C5 Estate - uneven rear tyre wear

Post by hswift »

My C5 estate is 18 months old and has done 20K miles. The rear tyres are showing signs of extra wear at the edges - can't remember whether inner or outer edge off the top of my head. I don't think they'll see 30K miles. This is disappointing as the rears on my old Xantia estate were good for at least 50K.
I remember seeing at least one review saying that premature rear tyre wear was common on the C5 estate, but don't know if Citroen took it on board. The car is due a service in a couple of weeks, and I'd like to go armed with as much backup as possible. Does anyone know whether Citroen have ever accepted this issue as their problem and whether they will correct it under warranty?
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

I understand that Citroen are replacing C5 rear axle tubes under warranty to cure just this fault. I don't think it's been discussed on this forum, but it certainly has on HonestJohn's (www.honestjohn.co.uk) and no doubt at length on c5-l on Yahoo.
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

Rear axles are being replaced, my replacement axle is noisier than the last one with the 2kg weights. Will speak to the dealer about it in late March when booking in for next service.