Xantia Cold Start Stop Light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

BatteryMan
My Cars:

Xantia Cold Start Stop Light

Post by BatteryMan »

What is the normal time between cold (overnight) start and the Stop light extinguishing. Mine seems to take ages. But is then almost instant during normal the normal stop / starts of daily life.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Any hydropneumatic Citroen looses system pressure when left parked for longish.
It may take from hours to days before a Citroen is totally flat.
This is caused by normal seepage in components - designed to keep components/seals lubricated - and any small to large unwanted leakage due to normal wear/mileage in components.
This means the hydrualic pump has a LOT of work to do to recharge a long parked and (nearly) flat car. Hence it takes longer time to reach the system pressure at which the pressure warning lamp distinguish.
In other words what you've observed on your Xantia is normal.
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

It depends what you mean by ages, mine takes 5-6 secs. to go out after an overnight stop.After that it goes out almost instantly for the rest of the day.
Nikolaymk

Post by Nikolaymk »

I had left mine for two weeks and after that it took about 10 seconds to extinguish.
Nigel Darwell

Post by Nigel Darwell »

Mine was taking in excess of 30 seconds from cold after standing all night, had all 6 spheres done yesterday it now goes out in 5. I know the antisink was US so probably the time was due to having to pump up the rear end every morning !!
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BatteryMan</i>

What is the normal time between cold (overnight) start and the Stop light extinguishing. Mine seems to take ages. But is then almost instant during normal the normal stop / starts of daily life.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">