ZX clonks

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mads
My Cars:

ZX clonks

Post by Mads »

Like so many others I have just started experiencing the odd "clonk" from my ZX. It seems to originate from the rear althoug I am not sure, and with all the talk about aging of the rear subframe mounts I had a sneaking suspision it was the caurse.
But.. I had a good look underneathe and could not finde anything wrong. The handbrake test, braking or running "fast" over speed bumps dose not return any clonks. The only thing which produce theese ugly sounds is acceleration, especially in 1st or 2nd gear, but not always. Anyone have any idea where to look ?
greg

Post by greg »

Mads
Are the test you mentioned used to check the subframe mountings? If they are can you be more specific aboout them Sorry if it is an obvious question I am new to the forum
Greg
Mads
My Cars:

Post by Mads »

Greg,
I remember someone suggesting to test the mounts by running smoothly on a quit road and applying the handbrake. The force on the rear weels should then put stress on the mounts, hence producing the ugly clonking noice from the aged mounts. The other stuff is just what I guess could provoke a simmilar respons.
greg

Post by greg »

Thanks Mads
Greg