ZX: uprated turbocharger

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ZXturbo_Aura
My Cars:

ZX: uprated turbocharger

Post by ZXturbo_Aura »

hi all...
i saw on the net somewhere that someone used a turbo from a 17td BX on their ZX TD, they said it spins up faster or something, is this true? would a turbo from a 1.7td BX be better than the garret T-2 fitted to the ZX 1.9TD? besides..i thought they were both T-2's?!?! i want the most out of my zx as possible, i love the car, its just those just BMW 320i's keep gettin away from me :(
DAn
p.s. next on the list is water spray fro the intercooler, modified air intake and extra air ducting from under the bumper for the intercooler!
VLL
My Cars:

Post by VLL »

I have heard of someone who done this but i dont really think it would be any better, its easy to increase the boost on the standard turbo, most ZX's are set to about 0.8-0.9bar, even a fairly small increase to 1.0bar makes a noticable difference.
My TD has a Turbo Technics Hybrid T2 which really makes the car pick up much earlier, but my old KKK K14 which i had increased the boost on was as fast as the T2 at revs above 3000.
I would suggest you first find out which turbo you have fitted as it can be either the Garret or KKK, then PM me if you need advice on increasing the boost.
Mines is set to give 1.2bar at 3000rpm under full load rising to 1.3bar at 4000rpm. Increasing the maximum engine speed is a good idea also, mines set to 5200rpm, the maximum fueling and boost compensator have been adjusted also which has made quite a difference, would say 0-60 is probably in the high 8's or low 9's easy + hits 5000rpm in top gear now [}:)]
ZXturbo_Aura
My Cars:

Post by ZXturbo_Aura »

im just waiting for a boost gauge to fit into the dash and then i'll be increasing the boost, its a KKK, did my dads xantia few months ago, goes like a rocket now!mines next... lol
how much was your hybrid turbo?
DAn
VLL
My Cars:

Post by VLL »

Turbo was £400, had to pay a extra £250 which got refunded once i sent them my old one. Guess they recon them and resell em.