Leather in a C5 X7

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Leather in a C5 X7

Post by bobins »

Whilst keeping half a permanent eye on C5s that are being broken on eBay, I see that prices of leather interiors are coming down :) They'd have to come down an awful lot more for me to even think about getting interested in changing mine out - but what's involved in changing them in the C5 X7 ? Are all the controls situated on the seat base / frame, or are there supplementary controls on the dash ? Presumably the wiring for them will already be under the carpet, or worst case scenario - a new short loom would have to be purchased ? Undoubtedly it'd need a Diagbox session to turn all the toys on - but is it all, basically, the same as fitting a leather interior to older citroens...... or is it a world of pain ? Anyone any experience ?
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
gambler072
My Cars: Citroen C5 X7

Re: Leather in a C5 X7

Post by gambler072 »

I've read somewhere a similar thread, if you don't have electric seat in your car, it won't be a simple swap, since you'll have to put extra fuses, change modules under the seats, and also some module in driver's doors. And of course Lexia is a must. That's what I can recall, I'll try to find a thread and post it here.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Leather in a C5 X7

Post by GiveMeABreak »

If you already have an Exclusive spec, it may not be such an issue as the seat control unit is contained within the driver seat, along with all the sensors , heat pads, motors and positional sensors / AFIL etc. Obviously there are issues if you don't have an exclusive as the memory control pad on the driver side door is also utilised. Having said that, there are 23 separate 'Belt & Seat' harness parts numbers - depending on driving side of course, whether LDWS is fitted / Heated seats / Massage function etc etc.

So at worst, you'll have comfy seats :-D but you'll still need to adjust them - I wouldn't bother on a non-exclusive though just in case the harness is just not right.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc