Xantia Series 1 - fitting aftermarket radio

This section is where Audio / Telematics Posts will be placed temporarily

Moderator: RichardW

John Simister

Xantia Series 1 - fitting aftermarket radio

Post by John Simister »

Much as I like the look of the original radio/cassette player in my late Series 1 Xantia, I'd like to be able to play CDs so I plan to fit an aftermarket DIN-sized radio/CD player. Fitting kits with the required console surround are easily found on eBay, but they state suitability for Series 2 Xantias and don't mention the Series 1. Is there actually a difference in the way an S2's radio is fitted, or will one of these fitting kits work for my S1?

Many thanks

John

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Re: Xantia Series 1 - fitting aftermarket radio

Post by Stickyfinger »

It depends if you wish to retain your wheel controls.....

If not, easy fit of anything really.
If yes : You need a wheel input adapter which can be sourced online, these (as with mine) can be a little hit and miss as to how well they work. (That said, volume always seems to work so I live with that)

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

They did make some changes to the 4030 system concerning the Compact Disc wiring and the interface, but I can't see it being an issue - especially with the lack of multiplexing to worry about that later vehicles have. It's the harness availability as Sticky says that might be the main issue.

John Simister

Post by John Simister »

Great, thanks... it would be nice to keep the steering wheel controls but not vital. I was wondering about the physical fitting of the radio into the dashboard, though. Is the shape of the dashboard around the radio exactly the same between S1 and S2, so a fitting kit intended for an S2 will work with my S1?

Thanks, John