Insurance time again.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Insurance time again.

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Just be aware that you can only use one NCB on a policy. Unless you have a multi-car policy with multiple policy holders, then named driver's won't earn a NCB. Generally any NCB earned will only be valid for a couple of years if not 'active', then you start again...
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

I haven't used an NCB for the past forty years or so, I don't usually bash into things. My only claims have been against other drivers. Coincidentally both Hondas written off.
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Post by mickthemaverick »

My renewal notice for the Subaru came in yesterday from the AA, I pay monthly and currently it is £44 a month. The renewal quote came in at £66 a month so time for a trawl I thought. So far the best I have found is £32 a month but from an unknown to me source so disregarding that one, the next few from reputable insurers are all around the £42-44 a month including Halifax, Aviva, RAC, Lloyds etc and I have just seen the quote from Direct Line - £1580 pa or £125+ per month which they didn't actually quote - so much for their TV advertising!! So tomorrow I'll call the AA and tell them that I want the same as last year or I'm moving and we'll see what happens!! :-D
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

I am awaiting my renewal notice. If Direct line do that to me I shall be off. My hairdresser is over 90 and they doubled his insurance so looks as though I shall have to start looking round again, he has a few years on me mind.

Peter
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Post by mickthemaverick »

I attacked the insurance issue this morning beginning with a call to the AA, my existing insurer. No dice there for matching the other quotes I had, so I requested my renewal to be cancelled and the policy to expire accordingly. I then did some more research and settled on the Halifax as the best deal for me and therefore arranged it to begin on my renewal date with a monthly cost £1.48 cheaper than last year. In the current climate I consider that a decent result!! :-D
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

All useful info Mick.

Peter
bobins
Donor 2023

Post by bobins »

Has anyone had any real world experience with Hagerty insurance ? Good ? Bad ? Indifferent ?
I'm just exploring the insurance market 6 weeks in advance of needing to renew. :)
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(